Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Deep Clean Make Up Brushes

Hello Everyone! I hope you're having a fabulous day, wherever you are! Today I was doing my make up and I realized my brushes were SUPER cakey. Not cute. Like it was to the point where It was affecting the application of my makeup. Then it hit me, I had never actually washed my brushes. Yeah, I've tried here and there, but if you're anything like me, and procrastination is your middle name, then you'll completely understand. I finished my routine and then gathered my brushes and started messing around with a formula to DEEP CLEAN my brushes. Not just run them under water with baby soap, and to my surprise I found an amazing solution. 


I poured about 2 table spoons of dish soap into a bowl with 1 table spoon of olive oil, then one by one dipped my brushes into the combination and in a circular motion rubbed the brushed on the sides of the bowl. After I would lay them on a paper towel to soak for a few minutes while I cleaned out the bowl and put a paper towel in the bottom for them brushes after I rinsed them out. After a few minutes of soaking, under lukewarm water I rubbed the brushes in a circular motion on my palm. Some brushes (especially my foundation brushes) needed a little bit more attention, so I just poured a few drops of dish soap on my palm and rubbed the brush in the soap.


As You can see, my brushes were nasty. It was beyond time to clean them! After I rinsed all of my brushes I am so happy! they look brand new again! I honestly forgot when they looked like clean! 


As for my beauty blenders, I just ran them under lukewarm water and put dish soap on them and scrubbed until the water ran clear!

Seriously this was such an easy procedure! No expensive brush cleaner, no more cakey brushes! 
Just a 2:1 dish soap to olive oil solution and a little bit of patience! 

Thanks for reading I hope this helps for future brush cleanings!

XO Ella




No comments:

Post a Comment

);